Section 171 of the Companies Act states that:
(1) Every company shall have one or more secretaries each of whom shall be a natural person who has his principal or only place of residence in Singapore.
(1A) It shall be the duty of the directors of a company to take all reasonable steps to secure that each secretary of the company is a person who appears to them to have the requisite knowledge and experience to discharge the functions of secretary of the company.
(1E) Where a director is the sole director of a company, he shall not act or be appointed as the secretary of the company.
A Company Secretary has to be appointed within six months of the formation of a company.
Included as part of the fee for appointing us Company Secretary:
- The preparation of documents relating to the Company’s Annual General Meeting (AGM), completion of the Annual Return and attending to the requisite lodging of statutory documents with the Accounting & Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA);
- Updating and maintaining the minute books and statutory registers;
- Reminder of Annual Return due dates to relevant Company officers and administrators
Additional charges are levied for other tasks:
- Changes in the Board of Directors and particulars of directors
- Resignation/Appointment/Change of Director;
- Allotment/Transfer of Shares;
- Attending to the following routine matters:
- Opening of banking accounts;
- Acceptance of banking facilities;
- Changes in authorized bank signatories;
- Changes in Registered Office address;
- Certification and authentication of the Company’s documents for use locally or overseas; and executing documents or affixing the Company’s common seal at the Company’s General Meetings;
- Registration of and update of the register of charges;
- Attendance at and all preparatory work relating to physical Board and General Meetings;
- Increase in allotment of shares, issue of share certificates;
- Change of auditors or name of the Company;
- Amendments to the Memorandum and Articles of Association;
- Conversion of private to public companies.
- Filing Fees & Penalties incurred with ACRA will be billed as charged
- Printing, Postage & Other Incidental Charges which will be deducted from a Disbursement Deposit of $200 payable at the beginning of the billing cycle. Any unused portion of this deposit is rolled over into the next billing cycle.
Contact us to find out more or complete the form and payment to expedite our appointment: