Section 171 of the Companies Act states that:
(1) Every company shall have one or more secretaries each of whom shall be a natural person who has his principal or only place of residence in Singapore.
(1A) It shall be the duty of the directors of a company to take all reasonable steps to secure that each secretary of the company is a person who appears to them to have the requisite knowledge and experience to discharge the functions of secretary of the company.
(1E) Where a director is the sole director of a company, he shall not act or be appointed as the secretary of the company.
A Company Secretary has to be appointed within six months of the formation of a company.
Included as part of the fee for appointing us Company Secretary:
- The preparation of documents relating to the Company’s Annual General Meeting (AGM), completion of the Annual Return and attending to the requisite lodging of statutory documents with the Accounting & Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA);
- Updating and maintaining the minute books and statutory registers;
- Reminder of Annual Return due dates to relevant Company officers and administrators
Additional charges are levied for other tasks:
- Changes in the Board of Directors and particulars of directors
- Resignation/Appointment/Change of Director;
- Allotment/Transfer of Shares;
- Attending to the following routine matters:
- Opening of banking accounts;
- Acceptance of banking facilities;
- Changes in authorized bank signatories;
- Changes in Registered Office address;
- Certification and authentication of the Company’s documents for use locally or overseas; and executing documents or affixing the Company’s common seal at the Company’s General Meetings;
- Registration of and update of the register of charges;
- Attendance at and all preparatory work relating to physical Board and General Meetings;
- Increase in allotment of shares, issue of share certificates;
- Change of auditors or name of the Company;
- Amendments to the Memorandum and Articles of Association;
- Conversion of private to public companies.
- Filing Fees & Penalties incurred with ACRA will be billed as charged
- Printing, Postage & Other Incidental Charges which will be deducted from a Disbursement Deposit of $60 payable at the beginning of the billing cycle. Any unused portion of this deposit is rolled over into the next billing cycle.